The absolute first thing you need to know is when. It’s just that simple… when. When what? When are you going to see the new theatrical release of Lucio Fulci’s eye gouging zombie epic… well, ZOMBIE!!! Quite a few folks have had the pleasure to catch some original 35mm prints of this film from various troops fighting the good fight against digital emersion, but now Blue Underground is giving you a chance (because ya’ll could be zombies one day too, dontcha know) to see this one on the big screen. Hell, if you can’t catch it there you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a new release on DVD or Blu Ray, but I urge you to seek out this undead opportunity like a newsman stealing a helicopter and coopting a rather large indoor mall.
Oh what’s that over there? Is that a splinter about to puncture your eye in 2K High Def Transfer?:
Let’s get the details on here before you “turn”. Now about that “when” we were speaking of to which we will also add “where”:
|October 21st & 22nd
(except where otherwise noted)
Now that we have that under way… take some time to fill the void in your Italian horror home media collection with the Re-Release of Zombie on Blu Ray. October 25th is the date (incidentally that’s the day AFTER my birthday so… you know what to do).
In Italy, it was considered the ‘unofficial sequel’ to DAWN OF THE DEAD. In England, it was known as ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS and banned as obscene. In America, it was called ZOMBIE and advertised with the depraved tag line “WE ARE GOING TO EAT YOU!” Tisa Farrow (THE GRIM REAPER), Ian McCulloch (CONTAMINATION), Al Cliver (CANNIBALS), and Richard Johnson (THE HAUNTING) star in this worldwide splatter sensation directed by ‘Maestro Of Gore’ Lucio Fulci (CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY) that remains one of the most eye-skewering, skin-ripping, gore-gushingly graphic horror hits of all time!
Blue Underground is proud to present ZOMBIE in a new 2K High Definition transfer from the original uncut and uncensored camera negative. Each flesh-eating frame has been lovingly restored to skull-rotting perfection under the supervision of Cinematographer Sergio Salvati (THE BEYOND). Now fully-loaded with hours of brand new Extras, this is the Ultimate Edition of ZOMBIE!
Disc 1 Extras:
- Audio Commentary with Star Ian McCulloch and Diabolik Magazine Editor Jason J. Slater
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Guillermo del Toro Intro
- Disc 2 Extras:
- Zombie Wasteland – Interviews with Stars Ian McCulloch, Richard Johnson & Al Cliver, and Actor/Stuntman Ottaviano Dell’Acqua
- Flesh Eaters on Film – Interview with Co-Producer Fabrizio De Angelis
- Deadtime Stories – Interviews with Co-Writers Elisa Briganti and (Uncredited) Dardano Sacchetti
- World of the Dead – Interviews with Cinematographer Sergio Salvati and Production & Costume Designer Walter Patriarca
- Zombi Italiano – Interviews with Special Make-Up Effects Artists Gianetto De Rossi & Maurizio Trani and Special Effects Artist Gino De Rossi
- Notes on a Headstone – Interview with Composer Fabio Frizzi
- All in the Family – Interview with Antonella Fulci
- Zombie Lover – Award-Winning Filmmaker Guillermo del Toro talks about one of his favorite films